As the course develops
from class to class, various updates, additions, correction, etc will
be made to the web pages.
Here we keep track
of most of the modifications.
Mods to old course:
- April 9, 2002 - added a
new page & applet to the
Physics simulation model in lecture 11B that discusses the relationship
between the animation time and the physical time of a real system.
- April 18, 2001 - added
a tip about using interfaces to hold commonly needed constants: 3B
- Interfaces - Using interfaces to hold constants.
- Made new zip files holding the course pages and images.
- April 17,2001 - fixed various
bad links among the course pages.
and Objects - added line
= new ourNewType();
in code example at bottom. (Fall
- Modified the Complex
class example to better illustrate methods.(Jan.17.00)
- Added additional info about
the final example.
& String <=> Number conversions - a new
page to discuss the wrapper classes for primitive types, plus a discussion
of how to convert back and forth from string representations of numbers
to actual number types and vice versa.(Fall 99)
- added a GridbagLayout example.
Re-arrange 6a and 6b and added a section at the end of section
6b about randomization in Java and in simulations.
- modified the example to improve the look of the button.
- Complete rewrite to give better
introduction to Swing classes. Includes several examples with the
complete rewrite to introduce Java2d with lots of examples with the
Dialog - example of a non-modal dialog that runs
correctly in Netscape.
Archives - link to Netscape's alternative way to get files from
Jars. (Fall 99)
Archives - Fixed the Ex4.jar for the example. (Fall 99)
- Moved the pages about the Core
Java Format and Console classes to 12B. (Fall 99)
- Several small modifications
to the code in the simulation examples. (Jan.16.00)
Interface- use an interface to allow for alternate detectors (Jan.16.00).
- example to get audio file from the directory or from a Jar archive.
- example shows how to check on browser type to determine how to extract
image file from Jar file. (Fall 99)
- new page with demo to describe how to grab keystroke events. (Fall
- added some info on the JDK debugger, using javaw to open a Java
application without a console window. (Fall 99)
Buttons - added a demo. (Fall 99)
- show an example of using the Toolkit to find the size of
the screen and to place a Frame in a given position. (Fall 99)
Prototcol - Added discussion and code for sending MIME header
form HTTP 1.0 and higher. (Jan.18.00)
Application - Added code for sending MIME header form HTTP 1.0
and higher. (Jan.18.00)
- QandA - added some questions and answers
about Java including sliders and popup menus. (Dec.5.99)