Space Rendezvous - Fall 2023
Space Electronics and cosmic radiation, how to survive and thrive in space.
During the Space Rendezvous you are invited to:
- Learn about some of the latest space electronics research and applications from a wide range of expert speakers
- Meet and mingle with space researchers, companies, astronaut, and students
- Listen to the winners of KTH Space Center's prize, for the best final degree projects on basic and advanced level, present their projects.
Time: Thu 2023-11-02 13.00 - 17.00
Location: Electrum building, Sal A, Floor 2
Video link: https://kth-se.zoom.us/j/63786083125
Welcome to this fall's Space Rendezvous!
13:00 Welcome! Marco Giertz, CEO Visit Kista
13:00 - 13:05 KTH Space Center - Space electronics and radiation. Christer Fuglesang, Astronaut
13:05 - 13:25 European Space Agency - ESA - European Strategy regarding the EEE components for Space, David Steenari, On-Board Payload Data Processing Engineer
13:25 - 13:45 Frontgrade Gaisler - Rad hard processors, LEON and RISC-V - Jan Andersson, Director of Engineering
13:45 – 14:00 The impact of gamma irradiation on 4H-SiC bipolar transistors and inverters - Alexey Metreveli, KTH
14:00 - 14:15 Advancing Dependability in SRAM-FPGA - Trishna Rajkumar, KTH
14:15 - 14:30 Radiation-Hard NEM Relays: Enabling High-Temperature-Tolerant Digital Computing Solutions. Yingying Li, KTH
14:30 -15:20 Coffee/mingle break, space competition – with prize!
Space cake sponsored by Smartare Elektroniksystem
15:20 -15:40 Saab - Next generation AIS (VDES) with focus on the space LEO subsystem. Peter Bergljung, Head of Strategy
15:40 - 16:00 LOW NOISE FACTORY AB - Low Noise LNA for Space. Niklas Wadefalk, Founder
16:00 - 16:20 MATS satellite: using CCD for atmospheric imaging from orbit. Nikolay Ivchenko, KTH
16:20 - 16:40 Swedish Institute of Space Physics, IRF Uppsala, Radiation Analysis - Achievements and Obstacles JUICE RPWI Instrument. Jesper Fredriksson, Research Engineer
16:40 - 17:00 The winners of KTH Space Center's prize for the best final degree project Q&A:
- Basic level: Maheen Arfan & Isabelle Bonnier. "Electric propulsion of satellites as an alternative for implementation of a sunshade system".
- Avanced level: Tove Ågren. "Inverse Uncertainty Quantification for Sounding Rocket Dispersion"
17:00 - after event networking Space PUB in collaboration with Qmisk - the Student Chapter, Qlubbmästeriet IN-Sektionen Kista.
Read more about the event on the website and RSVP:
Event organizer: Marco Giertz, CEO, Visit Kista AB
Special thanks to our sponsors! Smartare Elektroniksystem, Energimyndigheten,Vinnova Formas, ett forskningsråd för hållbar utveckling